Thursday, May 3, 2012

Mother of the Year

       I know it won't be my last, but tonight I had my first Mother of the Year moment. When Steve got home from today we ran over to the BX to get a couple of things came home and cooked dinner. Shortly after dinner I was playing with Gracie when I noticed she had little red bumps on her neck. After further inspection I found that this rash covered her entire back and stomach. I call the after hours line at the clinic just be on the safe side. The pediatrician on called wanted me to take her in to the ER to be on the safe side, because I couldn't think of anything that's changed in her routine/diet or any body who has been sick recently. Since it was only 6:30 and I know how quickly Ft. Carson's ER fills up after 8 I was kinda rushing Steve to get there. 
       I run upstairs throw on jeans and my sneakers, race back down stairs and start going though the diaper bag. I grab about 6 diapers because who knows how long we will be there. Fill 3 bottles with nursery water and fill her formula on the go cup. I throw the diapers, wipes, and bottles into the bag. Get Gracie in her carseat and we head out the door. The waiting room is pretty much empty when we get there but we still wait about 20 mins till we go in for vitals and are sent back in the waiting room til we are called. As we are sitting there Grace beings her I am starting to get hungary fuss. So I ask to Steve to make a bottle and then it hits me. I put everything but the FORMULA in the diaper bag!!! OMG!!! I literally almost start crying. How could I be so absent minded!!! So I kinda freak out telling Steve he has to go to the PX or shopettee ANYPLACE that might have baby stuff. So of course as soon as he leaves we get called back. Thank God Grace is easily distracted because she cared more about all the stuff in the room then her getting her hunger fix. Thank God Steve finally showed up with formula right as Grace started to realize that she was still hungry about the same time they were discharging us. 
        So, thankfully my first DUMB moment wasn't all that bad and we were able to fix it before Gracie-Bell had a melt down, but as I said before I know this won't be my last I CAN"T BELIEVE I DID THAT MOMENT. 


P.S. Grace is fine. They aren't sure what broke her out either, but we are watching it for now. I'll see if it's gone away in the morning if not I'll be calling the doctor again. 





1 comment: