Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day

   I started off my Mother's Day in true new mommy form Grace apparently decided that sleep was HIGHLY overrated and wanted to stay up. She had fallen asleep at around 9:30 as she normally does but by 11 she was wide awake. I thought maybe she just hungry which she was, but that didn't make her want to sleep. We stayed up playing for a little while but around 12:30 I was exhausted. Steve recently came home with a head cold that he felt I should share with him so I was dying to just lay down. After reading a couple of stories Grace finally started to drift off. I laid her down in her crib and just as I was crawling into my warm bed she rolled to her stomach startled herself and woke up crying. I tried a couple of times to get her back to sleep but eventually gave up went down stairs and laid with her on the couch. Somewhere after 1:30 the both of us drifted off to sleep, but it didn't last long because at 2:45 she was up again. GREAT! Back upstairs we went and read a couple more stories, ate another 5 ounces of food, and FINALLY at 4 am she drifted off from pure exhaustion. I quickly followed.
       I woke shocked to find out that it was not only 9:50, but that Grace had not woken me up. I hit the button on the monitor to find out that she wasn't in her crib. So I went downstairs where I found her and her daddy happily playing on the floor. It was sooooo nice to be able to sleep in a little. Then Steve told me that he forgot a part of my gift and had to run out really quick. So I said Ok and took Gracie Bell upstairs to get ready for the day. After showering and bathing little one I could hear Steve bumping around down stairs so I decided to give him a little more time to do whatever it was he was doing. After about 20 minutes Grace and I went downstairs where I was welcomed with the lovely smell of COFFEE! Set up on the counter was an Espresso machine and all the fixings! I swear I almost went though the ROOF. I love LOVE I mean REALLY REALLY LOVE me a Latte! LOL. Then it was time for Gracie's gift. She got me a St. Anne medal (The patron saint of mothers and housewives) with the words GOD BLESS MY MOMMY GCB (Jenn M. I didn't realize until that moment that she shared those initials with GCB the show! LOL So at first I read it as MY MOMMY Good Christian B*&%H thought you'd get a kick out of that!) which of course made me cry. I put it on and it has not/will not come off unless it's an accident. Then it was time for church.
        Let me tell you it was soooo weird being a mom in church on mother's day. I've always been there when they do the mommy prayer but I am not going to lie I almost didn't stand up. It didn't hit me that I was mom too lol. After mass we went to Carino's an Italian grill that I have been dying to try. It had great chicken parmesan! Grace and I basically passed out on the couch when we got home watching Leap Year and slept for two hours which is so not like her at all, but since she only slept like 5 hours the night before I guess that makes since. For Dinner we went to BWW because I wanted a chicken wrap and I didn't want to cook. Not to mention the only thing Steve can cook without help is spaghetti and we had that for lunch. Then we came home and just hung out and I made my third latte for the day lol. It was sooo good! I don't think I could have asked for a better way to spend my first mother's day. I got to spend it with the most important people in my life my hubby and my baby girl! I could not ask for a better role in life then that of MOM!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment