Friday, May 11, 2012

FAIL!!!

   So presidents day weekend Steve and I went dining room table hunting. We ended up at the only Macy's here in Colorado Springs. I was unaware that Macy's sold furniture and to be honest I was quite impressed. We ended up finding not only a dinning room set that we liked but we also found a sideboard and a couch that we loved. The sales lady Alicia was amazing. She was also a military spouse so she understood my hesitation is purchasing new furniture when I know that we have  a ton of moves a head of us. She told us to go home think about it. Steve and I had basically made up our mind by the time we got to the car, but I still wanted to sleep on it. Let's face $3000 is a lot to drop in one weekend. The next day we returned and made our purchase. Unfortunately EVERYTHING we wanted was on back order. Our couch would not be available till the first week of march and the dining set till April. I figured what the heck we really like it whats a couple months wait.
    A couple weeks later I got a call that our couch was available for delivery. We sent up for saturday March 10th so Steve would be home. The delivery guys called that afternoon around 4:30 said they were on their way and within 30 mins the couch was step up in house. The guys were professional and friendly and the experience was great. So great that I actually called Macy's that week and bragged about impressed I was their service. Little did I know that I would be eating my words 2 months later. Around April 14th I got the e-mail that our dining set was available for delivery. This time they only had a Thursday (April 26th) open and since I didn't want to wait till May to get it I went ahead and booked. It was about here when things went to HELL.
      Thursday April 26th I got up at 8 am with Grace and got ready. They had called and told me that our table would here between the hours of 11-1. So I wanted to make sure that I didn't get into my normal lazy morning routine and stay in jammies until one. Around 11: 25 I got a call from a driver that I could barely understand telling me they were on their way. As I usually do I informed them that we live on an Air Force base, even though that was already marked in the Macy's records. They said no problem see you in 20 minutes. One hour later I get a call from a different guy saying that they were going to have to reschedule  because either him nor his partner could get on base. They both had some issue with their license. Ok fine, I understand that sometimes living on a military installation can cause hiccups in usual everyday affairs. That night I get a call from a costumer service  representative wanting to set up a new delivery time because the base was not allowing deliveries that day. Literally the conversation went like this...

"Mrs. Bostwick, You base was not allowing deliveries today so we are calling to set up a new time."
"What? That's not what your drive said at all. He said that they couldn't get on base because of issues with their identification."
"No Ma'ma that's not what we were told."
"I don't care what you were told I am telling you what YOUR driver told me. Not to mention that there is a UPS truck across the street right now, and I have seen the SEARS truck in the neighborhood today."

To that he had no response. SO we set up the delivery for 2 days later that Saturday.
     Saturday Morning I get up at 8 am and shower, because they did not call with a time slot for delivery we end up canceling plans with friends to wait on the table. By 4 pm I still haven't heard anything so I call the customer service line where I find out our time frame is from 4:30-6:30 and that we are the LAST delivery for the day. Ugh I could have slept in till 10 with Grace!! At 4:45 we get a call from the same costumer service rep. as before. He tells me that we have to reschedule again because the base only accepts morning deliveries on Saturday. ONCE AGAIN BULL CRAP!! So I send Steve up to the gate to figure out what happened. Basically they went to the wrong gate. They were told that at that gate they can only do truck inspections from 9am-1pm due to manning issues, but that they can go to the west gate and get in 24/7. Apparently the delivery guys just went home because the west gate guards said they never saw them. I try to call the service number but they close at 5. As I am sure you can guess it is ON monday morning.
    Monday morning rolls around and I get up at 7 to call them first thing. I get a lady and explain everything to her. I am sure I was not as sweet as I could have been but I am kinda upset at this point. She basically tells me that she's sorry, but there is nothing she can do for me other put a message in for a manger to call me and reschedule. Ok fine when can you have my table here. She says "We have Thursday or Saturday." I said Thursday. So Thursday comes no call again with a time frame so I get up at 8, get ready, and wait, wait, wait. By noon I have had enough I call up to find out when our time frame is I am told "Ma'ma your delivery date is Thursday May 17th." LIKE HELL IT IS! At this point I politely lose it. I demand to talk to a manager RIGHT THEN because they still haven't called me from 4 days ago.  I am transferred and at first I am fairly nice I explain everything that has happened for the umpteenth time and wait. She basically tells me she is so sorry, but because I live on a military base I need to be prepared for issues to come up. EXCUSE ME!!! So I ask "So basically your saying that Macy's policy is that if I live on a military I should EXPECT SUCKY SERVICE, especially because the issues is with your DELIVERY PEOPLE NOT MY BASE!" I then tell her that I have had enough. I am writing a letter to the Base Papers of all FIVE military bases here and letting them know just what kind of service Macy's provides their armed forces. AND DO YOU KNOW WHAT SHE SAID???? "I am sorry you feel that way." So at this point I just hang up because I just about lost my religion on that woman. I call Steve at work and tell him what happened and he says he'll handle it.
       About 20 minutes later Steve calls me and tells me he talked with his Sqd. Commander who gave him the idea to call the local store. THe problem is we are dealing with corporate and they could care less if they lose our business because we are just a tiny dot to them, but the only store here is going to care. SO  Steve calls and talks to the manager there. She is extremely upset by how we have been treated and tell us that she's going to make some calls and she'll call us back. Within the hour we hear back from that not only are they going to bring on table the following week, but that they are refunding the delivery fee and sending us a $100.00 gift card. Ok Great at least that's something for our trouble. So I get an email that our table is going to be delivered May 10th between the hours of 1-3 pm.
       This thursday comes and I get to sleep in with Grace till 10. I get up get dressed and wait. At 12:35 I get a call that they are on their way. Great! I call Steve and he comes home from work. At 1:15 I get a call. The driver can not get on base because he has a misdemeanor on his record and is pending trail. FANTASTIC!!! I tell Steve and he says "Can the other guy get on base?? I'll unload the DAMN TRUCK myself if it gets the table here." So that's what we did. The one guy who doesn't speak a lick of English brings the truck and Steve and him unload the 117 lbs table, the 234.3 lbs sideboard, and THREE that's right I said THREE chairs. Umm??? Steve tries to tell the guy that we are missing 3 more chairs and the guy just laughs and says in broken english, NO table to heavy for me just pop the legs on it all good. hops in the truck and LEAVES! You have got to be kidding me. So Steve who rarely loses his temper is now pacing the house. He calls Kelly the manager of the local store and leaves her message and heads back to work. Later he comes to tell me that Kelly has called him back and she is even more upset then we are. SHe told us not the touch the boxes at all. Someone will be out to put our table together and bring our other 3 chairs, but that she has had enough as well and she is taking it as far up the chain as possible. SO now we are waiting with 3 chairs and two giant boxes in our dining room. At this point anything short of a full refund just won't satisfy me at all. I appreciate Kelly's help, but this company needs to get their crap together. Next week will be 3 months from when we ordered our table and we still won't have it! I am calling this GREAT MACY"S FAIL of 2012!




2 comments:

  1. When it rains it pours my dear. I think you might still have the Falkenhausen luck following you around. Sorry blame Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I'm not a fan of Macy's and after reading this I'm definitely not planning to shop there again. I hope you guys get a full refund and a formal apology from them.

    ReplyDelete