Monday, March 21, 2011

WeekEND!

This weekend was so relaxing. I could not ask for a better way to end my ten day stay-cation. Friday night Steve actually got home at a decent hour (7pm) and we were able to relax. I made orange chicken which came close to the original recipe of Panda Express and we spent the rest of the night killing friends on Halo. (Yes, I play video games now with my husband..I am that big of dork!) Saturday we slept in (10 am) which is something that believe it or not is something that happens very rarely in this household. We went to lunch @ Zaxby's with a few other fly-boys from the class and Steve spent the afternoon (4 hours) in the flight room studying. This is very common recently! I spent the afternoon getting addicted to Netflix! We did manage to squeeze in the movie THE TOWN Saturday night. (Highly Recommended!) Sunday we went to the early mass so Steve could have the afternoon for guess what.....STUDYING! (Do you see a pattern here or what??) In his defense this upcoming week is going to be one of the hardest weeks of his UPT career. Today he had his too-check ride to his Navigation Check. Which luckily he passed! Which means after a day of planning and studying tomorrow he will have his BIGGEST check ride of SUPT!

The Navigation Check Ride = this is basically the most nerve racking check ride of a T-1 Student pilot's life. Basically he starts his day off with a 2 and 1/2 hour brief with a Check IP. Then him and said IP get into the plane fly 2(or so) hours a way, land for a couple of hours and fly back (2 or so hours) followed by a basically 4 hours debrief. This is the one time that you will knowingly more then likely break crew rest (12 hour duty day).

Ok to be honest there is WAY more to a NAV. Check then that but I am just trying to sum it up. At any point in this 12 hour period any one mistake can basically fail him. Which would be very bad for his ranking in the flight! This is a highly stressful Test! So basically what I am saying is PLEASE keep Steve in your prayers on Wednesday! I would really love for him to pass this checkride and then be able to enjoy his BIRTHDAY on FRIDAY!

As for me...I get to go back to hanging out with my lil mane man Hansen tomorrow! I love love my job even if it is a 9 hour day!

(Sorry I know this is all scattered but I am really tired and I just wanted to write really quick. lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment