Monday, August 29, 2011

No Sleep Tonight....I'm gonna get No SLEEP TONIGHT!!!

I have a feeling....a very strong feeling that I will not be getting ANY sleep tonight. Why? Because of two reasons.

#1 - Our house has a runaway from The Colorado Springs International Airport in it's backyard. No I am serious it is IN MY BACKYARD. Like I could a stone and hit it and if you have EVER seen me throw anything you know that means it's REALLY REALLY Close. Apparently they have shut down the west (I don't know the name for it so I call it that cause it's to the west) runway for the evening so all planes are being directed to the east runway (locate behind my house). Before anyone tells me "You'll get use to the noise" let me paint the picture for you. As the plane comes into land you hear it coming no big we have all heard planes fly over head. Hell in Columbus we lived RIGHT under the pattern so airplanes flying over head does not bother me ONE bit. In fact it's kind of soothing. As the plane gets closer to the run away though it gets louder.....like window shaking louder. This last anywhere between 30 seconds to a minute depending on the size of the plane. Considering that the run way is shared with the Air Force base we get some pretty big planes on there like today alone we had 2 C-17s. Since we have been here I have seen countless C-17s, two C-5s, tons of C-130s, and one KC-10 land in my backyard, which I admit is pretty cool. BUT not tonight! So, how do I know this is going to add to my NO sleep tonight theory because in the 13 minutes it took to write the above paragraph two planes have landed. Bringing tonights total to 17 planes since 7:30(ish)pm. I didn't know that airport was that busy!!!

#2- My darling, sweet, innocent CHILD! Grace is apparently a night owl, which wouldn't be so bad except she is also a morning dove. She gets up without fail somewhere between 5-7 am dances for about an hour and then she falls back to sleep I guess. Leaving me wide awake and praying to fall back asleep for just 20 minutes. She does dance randomly though out the day but to the extend that she does in the morning and evening. Then about 1030-1130 at night she goes at it again. Dancing away and tickling the crad out of mommy. Making it very hard to fall asleep . So I end up passing the sleep window and my insomnia kicks in. I drift in and out of sleep for rest of the night until 5 am when she is ready to get back up. Little girl already has me up half the night and she's not even here yet. AND yes, as I am writing this she happily kicking and punching at the same time. However, if there is any good reason NOT to get sleep it is because of her so this reason does not brother me one bit. I am just stating it as a reason lol.

So I guess I better go lay down and TRY to sleep but mainly I just have a feeling I will lay there talking to Grace and keeping Steve up! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment