Wednesday, August 24, 2011

My Big Girl Present

You know you have grown up when you get excited over a vacuum. Our house in Columbus had hardwood floors so we had very little need for a vacuum. I got by just fine with a swiffer vac and wet jet. We did however buy a small (pink) Eureka vacuum because it was on sale for 49.99 at Wal-Mart and I thought it would be a lot easier then beating out the area rugs we had. After opening the box I knew it was a mistake because I had to put the majority of it together. Apparently I didn't do something right because just about a month after we got it it stopped working. It would suck up dog hair, dirt, and other stuff and shoot it right back out the back. Basically just blowing the stuff all over the floor causing me to have to go back over it with a broom and dust pan. So as I was going though the house before the move I found it locked away in the hall closet where it had been for about 8 months. Definitely was not wasting the time to get that to Colorado, so I chucked on the curb and the next day it was gone. I don't know weather the trash man took or some poor soul garbed it thinking they could fix it.
When we moved into our house here I found that the entire upstairs is carpeted....umm that's gonna be a problem. Guess it's time to get a real vacuum. Tonight Steve came home and asked if I wanted to go look at them just to see what kind of price range we were talking. When we found the Bissell Pet Hair Eraser I knew I was in LOVE! Steve told me to just go ahead and get it since we have already been in the house two weeks and let's face it Louie sheds like mad! I just took it out of the box and did a tiny corner of the house and as I said I am in love! Who saids you need to spend $400 on a good vacuum for pet hair. This thing was under $200 and it works AMAZING!!! Steve just laughed as he watched me basically dance around as I vacuumed the rest of the living room. Then it hit me....I am going GAGA over a VACUUM! When did life get like this?? When did I start to get excited over things like vacuums or the BX having Method cleaning products! When did I grow up?

1 comment:

  1. We have that one and I love it too! It honestly made me excited to vacuum and even Allan will use it from time to time.

    I figure as long as we aren't raving about anything to do with walkers or dentures, we are still young!

    ReplyDelete