Monday, July 25, 2011

Busy Bee Bostwicks.....

So it's been about two and half months since Steve left for training. Lucky for us he will (hopefully) be back next Wednesday which is 4 days sooner then we thought! This separation has been so crazy it's not even funny. My dad told me at the beginning of June when I called him all flustered about the way things were happening that I am in the worse case scenario. It is our first PCS as a married couple. My husband has been on back to back TDYs and hasn't been on Columbus (during a duty day) since May 30th. Everything that could possibly go wrong with his orders for those TDYs has gone wrong and his training schedule has prevented him from being able to handle it. Leaving me to learn (rather quickly) the ins and outs of certain military affairs and offices. Steve will not be back in time for our stuff to be picked up so I am now having to though/pack the house by myself. Oh yea, and to top it all off I am pregnant with our first child. Which has been another roller coaster all on it's own, but such a great ride. I know that NO other PCS will come close to what this one has been. That's what I keep telling myself that if we can make it though this all of our other moves will seem like a piece of cake. I think the hardest part though is what Steve has missed out on. He wasn't here when I found out Gracie was a Gracie, or when I first felt her move. I am however holding out on anyone else feeling her before he does. That is one thing I can keep for him and I plan on it. Even though NO she's not exactly kicking yet, but I know it's coming any day now. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment