Tuesday, July 5, 2011

My Dog Louie

Two blog post in one day!! I know but this story is just too funny not to share!
So I am at my parents house on vacation for the week and I have our dogs with me. My parents also have a Yorkie named Luke and a cat name Miss. Kitty. Louie hasn't been around many cats before so he is extremely interested in Miss. Kitty. Tonight she took refuge on top of dad's dresser in his room. Louie was trying to jump up and get her to play, but was actually scratching the front of the dresser in the process. So I called him to get out of the room twice before having to actually get up and go in the room. When I got to him I started fussing at him come out of the room after a couple times of him ignoring me I've had enough. I gently grab his extra skin on his neck and turn him around to face the door and tell him "Get in THE crate." Now normally when I tell him to go to the crate I use the phrase "Get in YOUR crate." Apparently this makes a BIG difference. Louie takes off running to my parents dog Luke's crate,because Luke is a Yorkie and Louie is a German Shepard Doberman Mix this did not quite work out. Louie sticks his whole head in the crate and stands there just like that. I wish I had time to snap a picture before I dropped to the ground laughing. Trust me as if My 60 lbs dog standing with his head in a toy dog crate was not a funny enough sight the 4 month pregnant woman laughing on the floor in tears just made it that much better. Needless to say after the family stopped laughing none of us could get it together enough to fuss at Louie anymore. He went right back to his post under the dresser whining up at Miss. Kitty.
I don't know weather that makes him a dummy or the smartest dog in the world. He knew he was in big trouble because they never get sent to their crate, so he decided that an attempt at making me laugh could help him out. Ok Louie....You win this round.

1 comment: