Saturday, April 9, 2011

Only in Mississippi....

So you know how everyone has those moments where they see something that just blows their mind and they say "Only in (Insert Name of State here)"? Well I had three of those moments today.

The first one was when Steve and I where waiting in the parking lot for a friend. A truck pulled up to the mostly vacant shopping center next to us and two men got out and went into the video store. I noticed that the window was down and I thought they had two dogs in the car. Nope, they were children. How do I know because not two minutes after the guys went in the store a boy of about 7 years old got out of the truck and stood next to it in that unmistakable pose of I am relieving myself. So I said "Steve, look I think that kid is peeing!" Steve told me I was wrong that he was just standing there. Well then the other little boy (about 4 years old) got out pulled down his pants and peed! I looked at Steve and we both just lost it laughing. Yea ONLY IN MISSISSIPPI!

Moment number two! We were on our way to Starkville to meet some friends for dinner and we went under a highway over pass. I was watching a truck pass over head on another a highway with two people in the bed. I was like what stupid people, then I saw they were not adults but KIDS!!! I mean like no old then 12 STANDING UP in the back of a truck going about 70! Are you kidding me!! ONLY IN MISSISSIPPI!

And the final moment happened just moments after spotting the irresponsible truck people. I was trying to get pass this beat up old truck pulling a 4-Wheeler on a trailer TIED to the truck bed...yes I said TIED to the truck bed! WITH ROPE!!! Well just when we were getting close to them the top of a tool box strapped to the ATV popped off and two wrenches came flying out at my car. Lucky I was able to speed up and pass them before they hit us but HOLY COW BELLS MISSISSIPPI!!!! REALLY!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment