Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Two Weeks Already???

Yesterday our little princess Grace turned 2 weeks old . I can not believe how quickly the time has flown by, but at the same time I barely remember life without her. We had her well baby yesterday and I can not tell you how relieved I was when our pediatrician said she looked prefect. At her 5 day well the nurse made me feel like the worse mother in the world for having to use a shield to get Grace to latch right even though the lactation consultant gave it to me and said that it was fine. Then she scared the crap out of me telling me that her dimple on her butt looked deep which could indicate a spinal defect! However yesterday Dr. Brice said that she not only thought Grace was doing just fine but that she is way more developed then what is to be expected in a two week. Take that mean old nurse at Ft. Carson!!! To update y'all on how she is doing other just great she weighed 7lbs 6 oz yesterday. Which is well over her birthweight and over a pound more then her discharge weight. (Guess using a shield the first couple weeks isn't bad after all!) We don't know if she grew any because according to their Scale she lost an inch in height but Steve and I noticed that their measuring thing was swinging back because it was missing a screw. I am just glad she has gained weight because as I said the nurse told me that using a shield could prevent her from gaining properly. So there you have it our little girl is doing just fine and I could not be happier! However I wouldn't mind if time slowed down a little she's only this small once!!

No comments:

Post a Comment