Monday, January 9, 2012

Counting Blessing

In previous blogs I have mentioned that Colorado was not our number one choice out of UPT. In fact it wasn't even in our top ten. Not because we had anything against the location or the plane. Steve was not very familiar with the C-21 and he had his eye on another plane. Since we have gotten here though we realized that God knew better then we did. This assignment has been a blessing. We could not have asked for a better location or a better squadron to be a part of. The people are so sweet and have truly been amazing since Grace was born. On Sunday the ladies of the 311th threw Grace and me a beautiful baby shower. Something that I know no squadron my father was apart of did for my mom with any of her four pregnancys. Since my mother left they have also brought us some meals which are a great blessing. After being up with Grace every 2-3 hours at night and most of the day by 5 o'clock I am exhausted. Some days I think about cooking and I just can't wrap my mind around even heating the oven. Not to mention that I eat off the left overs for days. So as I said they have been a true blessing. I have learnt from this assignment that there is a reason God sends you where he does in the Air Force and that no matter how unexpected the assignment might be you must keep your mind open because it could be the best assignment yet.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad they have been taking care of you and how sweet that they had a shower for you guys. I've got some coupons for diapers that are headed your way tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete