Monday, May 9, 2011

Wanna make God Laugh?

Tell him your plans!

So, for those of you who have kept up with Steve and my plans the last year you know that we had our hopes on getting assigned to the RC-135 in Ouffit AFB Nebraska. We knew that the RC is not a popular plane so we felt that our chances were pretty high. Like always though God had other plans. Friday night at the assignment night both of us had the BIGGEST shock of our lives thus far. When Steve stepped up for his roasting I was convinced that I would see pretty much one of two outcomes. Either the RC (which to be honest I was not excited about moving to NE) or FAIPing here at Columbus (which he was not so excited about). However, my jaw hit the ground when the slide with the words C-21 to Peterson AFB CO popped up. WHAT!!!! I was so shocked I could not even think the rest of the night. In fact until it was over I was convinced that they had screwed up Steve with someone else. Here's why... C-21 to Peterson is a DREAM assignment. It usually only goes to people who have it in the number one and two position on their dream sheet. It was number 19 on ours. Not because he didn't like the plane but it just wasn't something he ever expressed interest in. Yet, here we are. By the end of this year we will be living in Colorado Springs and I have to admit I am super STOKED!

I lived in Aurora CO for 4 years as a child and from what I can remember it was awesome. I know my parents absolutely LOVED it and they are super excited about coming to visit. It took Steve a little longer to warm up to the idea but now he is just as excited as I am. OR at least that's what he tells me. So I don't know what God has in store for us in CO but I cannot wait to find out.



No comments:

Post a Comment